Mold Problems Can Hit Student Housing Facilities

mold-problems-can-hit-student-housing-facilities
Mold problems have affected student dorms across the country. Causes of mold include leaking pipes, leaking roofs and poor ventilation.

A number of student housing facilities, including dorms and apartments for college students across the country, have experienced mold infestations, putting the health of students across the nation at risk. According to a news story in The Chronicle of Higher Education, mold problems have occurred in dorms at the University of Louisville, Northwestern University, the University of North Carolina, the University of Indianapolis and elsewhere. Students living in dormitories at schools in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Miami, Fort Lauderdale and other locations could potentially fall ill due to the presence of mold in individual rooms, communal bathrooms and other areas. Mold can cause headaches, rashes, respiratory symptoms and other health problems. Private schools, universities and others can hire leading companies to perform mold removal west palm beach work to eliminate mold from classrooms, libraries, student residences and other places across campus.

Mold growths on campus can become very costly and disruptive for schools. Administrators at schools such as Nova Southeastern University, Florida International University, the University of Miami, Palm Beach Atlantic University, Lynn University and Florida Atlantic University should not wait to enlist licensed mold remediation palm beach businesses to address mold growths in student housing buildings to protect the health of students and limit the potential for lawsuits when mold issues arise. Quick action such as hiring qualified mold remediation businesses can help to halt the spread of mold and minimize the risks to students’ health. Mold remediation work can cost thousands of dollars, with the cost varying according to the size of the affected area. Mold growths can force schools to temporarily close and vacate housing facilities as well as lecture halls, classroom buildings, laboratories and other facilities.

Mold growing in on-campus buildings can sicken students and others, causing an array of symptoms. These include wheezing, rashes, coughing, allergic reactions, migraines and more.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s